Chorizo Potato Salad
This potato salad gets its smoky paprika flavor from cured Spanish chorizo. It has a creamy mayonnaise and Greek yogurt dressing that we combine with harissa (a hot chili paste) for even more flavor and heat. It’s the perfect side for a barbecue or picnic.
- For this recipe, I use dry-cured Spanish chorizo that is fully cooked and ready to eat. You can find it in larger supermarkets or specialty stores. Boar’s Head makes a Spanish style, dry-cured chorizo. I also like Palacios mild chorizo available online at La Tienda.
- This recipe makes extra dressing, so add the amount you desire according to your own preference. You can use the extra dressing on sandwiches or hamburgers. There will be about 1/4 cup left over.
Chorizo Potato Salad
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons harissa hot chili pepper paste
- Kosher or coarse sea salt to taste
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, halved
- 1/2 pound green beans, tips removed, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 ounces cured Spanish chorizo, casing removed, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/2 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely diced purple onion
DirectionsIn a small bowl, mix the dressing ingredients together and refrigerate until ready to use.
Put the potatoes in a large pot. Add water to cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, partially cover, and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, or until just tender. Remove the potatoes from the pan and cool. Peel and cube the potatoes.
Place the green beans in a saucepan of boiling water (enough to cover the beans). Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, uncovered. Transfer the beans to a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process. Once cooled, drain and place on a paper towel. Blot dry to remove any excess water.
In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, green beans, chorizo, red bell pepper, and onion.
This recipe makes extra dressing, so add the amount you desire according to your own preference. Gently mix it in with the potatoes. You can use the extra dressing on sandwiches or hamburgers. There will be about 1/4 cup left over.
you might also like
- Chili Lime Sweet Potatoes
- Pinto Bean Salad
- Tomato Salad with Lime Dressing
- Italian Sausage Flatbread Sandwich
- Creamy Parmesan and Olive Salad