This colorful mango salsa comes together quickly and goes perfectly with meat, fish, and especially anything grilled. It’s also great with tortilla chips.
How to Cut a Mango
Position the mango stem-side up with the narrow side of the fruit facing you. Cut down one side of the flat pit (the pit is wide, but only about 1/2-inch thick). Then cut down the other side.
Take one half of the mango and place it on a cutting board, skin-side down. Make cuts across the mango, about 1/2-inch wide. Don’t slice all the way through. Turn the mango 90 degrees and do the same, cutting the mango into 1/2-inch squares. Push the mango skin in, turning it inside out, so to speak, so that the squares can be easily cut off.
- 2 mangos cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely diced purple onion
- 1 tablespoon seeded and finely diced jalapeño pepper, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
DirectionsPlace all of the ingredients in a medium-size bowl and mix well. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
you might also like
- Peach Mango Sorbet
- Grilled Chicken and Pineapple on Flatbread
- Pinto Bean Salad
- Tomato Salad with Lime Dressing
- Caesar Salad with Mandarin Oranges