Strawberry Avocado Salad
With strawberries, avocados, and walnuts, this healthy salad is a powerhouse of nutrients. Because the ingredients are so good, we wanted to find a dressing that would enhance their flavor. Our honey-mustard vinaigrette is light enough not to overpower the salad, but assertive enough to balance the flavors of the strawberries and avocados. It’s easy to make, and it tastes as good as it looks.
- When adding the vinaigrette, start with less initially. Taste a piece of lettuce to see if it needs more and then add dressing accordingly. The key is to barely coat the leaves.
- I like a little iceberg lettuce mixed in with the romaine for the extra contrast in texture and color.
MORE FROM Taste of Lime
- A Valentine’s Day to Remember
- The Ultimate Resource Guide for the Tabletop and Entertaining
- The Search for the Perfect Cup of Tea
Strawberry Avocado Salad
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, torn or cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce, torn or cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 large avocado, cut into 8 wedges
- 1/2 cup walnut or pecan halves
- 10 to 12 strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons natural rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or coarse sea salt
DirectionsWash and dry your avocado, but don’t cut it until shortly before serving to prevent discoloration.
Rinse the lettuce leaves and pat dry with a clean towel or use a salad spinner to remove as much water as possible. This prevents any water droplets from diluting the dressing.
In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients together; set aside. Combine the lettuce, cucumber, strawberries, and walnuts in a large salad bowl. Just before serving, toss with dressing. Arrange avocado wedges on top.
you might also like
- Pomegranate Salad
- Beet Salad with Oranges and Arugula
- Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Dressing
- Avocado Toast with Mixed Baby Greens
- Romaine and Radicchio Salad with Apples and Dried Cranberries
- Save 10% sitewide at Art of Tea, coupon code: AOTAFFILIATE10 (Excluding gift cards and subscriptions)
- Shop Sustainable Gifts for Him Exclusively at MadeTrade.com
- Harney & Sons: Get 15% off your first order with code FIRST15
- NOVICA: $7 Off for new users
- Andalou Naturals: 20% off your first purchase!
- Macy’s: Up to 50% Off Valentine’s Gifts + Extra 15% off with code VDAY