This garlic bread recipe is a favorite of ours, and it makes a great side for any meal. We substitute olive oil for part of the butter to reduce some of the saturated fat. It’s quick and easy to put together, and it freezes well.
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- One 16-ounce loaf Italian bread
- Kosher or coarse sea salt
DirectionsPreheat your oven to 425 degrees.
Chop the garlic in a small food processor. Add the butter and oil and blend until smooth. Slice the bread in half lengthwise, then place on a baking sheet and spread the butter mixture on the cut sides of the bread. Sprinkle with salt.
Bake until crisp, about 10 minutes. Remove the bread from the oven. Adjust your oven rack to about 6 inches below the broiler and heat.
Broil for 45 to 60 seconds, until the bread is brown around the edges. This will happen fast, so watch carefully.
Cut the bread into about 2-inch slices and serve.
you might also like
- Salad with Mixed Greens and Garlic Bread Croutons
- Jalapeño Cheddar Cornbread
- Garden Pasta with Lemon and Parmesan Cheese
- White Bean Soup with Kale
- Cauliflower Cheddar Cheese Soup