Good garlic bread can fit any casual occasion and almost any meal choice. It makes an excellent alternative to biscuits or rolls, and it’s a great option for adding more flavor to a meal. Topped with a mixture of garlic, olive oil, butter, and a sprinkling of coarse sea salt, our garlic bread is crispy and flavorful on the outside and soft on the inside.
We use a loaf of Italian bread here, but you can use French or another crusty bread in its place. I often make this garlic and olive oil topping in advance and keep it in the refrigerator until I’m ready to use it. Then, it’s just a matter of buttering the bread right before I put it in the oven. It saves time when I’m busy doing other parts of the meal.
Any leftover garlic bread slices can find a temporary home in the freezer, just waiting to be served another day. It’s perfect when you need something that’s quick and easy.
While it’s perfect on its own as a side, we also like to turn this bread into croutons for our Salad with Mixed Greens. This garlic bread, cut into 1-inch squares, adds a whole new layer of flavor to salads and soups.
MORE FROM Taste of Lime
- How to Update Your Old Christmas Ornaments with Ribbon
- Perfect Table Linens for Any Occasion
- Thoughtful Christmas Gift Ideas
- Shop Tea and Tea Accessories for the Perfect Cup of Tea
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- One 16-ounce loaf Italian bread
- Kosher or coarse sea salt
DirectionsPreheat your oven to 425 degrees.
Chop the garlic in a small food processor. Add the butter and oil and blend until smooth. Slice the bread in half lengthwise, then place on a baking sheet and spread the butter mixture on the cut sides of the bread. Sprinkle with salt.
Bake until crisp, about 10 minutes. Remove the bread from the oven. Adjust your oven rack to about 6 inches below the broiler and heat.
Broil for 45 to 60 seconds, until the bread is brown around the edges. This will happen fast, so watch carefully.
Cut the bread into about 2-inch slices and serve.
you might also like
- Salad with Mixed Greens and Garlic Bread Croutons
- Jalapeño Cheddar Cornbread
- Garden Pasta with Lemon and Parmesan Cheese
- White Bean Soup with Kale
- Cauliflower Cheddar Cheese Soup